What Country is Nissan From?
Wondering what country makes Nissan? Nissan’s country of origin is Japan, and currently, it’s headquartered in Nishi-ku, Yokohama. Nissan has four divisions: Nissan, Infiniti, Nismo, and Datsun. As of April 2018, Nissan Motor Company is the world’s largest electric vehicle (EV) manufacturer, with 320,000 all-electric vehicles sold globally. Read on to learn more about Nissan vehicles and assembly lines.
Where Are Nissan Models Built?
Sure, the answer to “Is Nissan foreign” is yes. But the company has manufacturing plants in Japan and North America, as well as other locations worldwide. The productive plants below are just a few of the most prominent:
- Tochigi Facility – Builts high-performance models, such as the GTR and 3702.
- Oppama Facility – Builds smaller every-level cars, such as the Versa.
- Smyrna, Tennessee & Canton, Mississippi (United States) Facilities – Builds a broad range of Nissan cars from the Altima and Maxima, to pickup trucks like the Titan and Frontier.
- Aguas Calientes, Mexico Facility – Builds the Sentra.
Important Events in Nissan Motor Company’s History
- Finished constructing its first full-service manufacturing plant in 1935
- Became the 4th largest automaker by World War II
- Built more than 20,700 Austin cars between 1953 and 1959
- Introduced the new Nissan L Engine in 1967
- Introduced the Datsun 240z in 1969
- Built new factories in U.S., Taiwan, New Zealand, and Australia
- Produced popular models like the Leaf, Pathfinder, Maxima, and Altima
- Cumulative production exceeded 40 million units in 1985
- Cedric Model Y31 was introduced was introduced in 1987 and won “Car of the Year”
- By 2000, Nissan shifted its attention to EV with the EV Hypermini
- The success of the EV Hypermini prompted Nissan’s entry into the minicar market
Test Drive a New Nissan at Dennis Dillon Nissan in Boise!
Ready to explore the Nissan lineup as it is today? Contact us to schedule a test drive near Nampa and Meridian! We’d be happy to put you behind the wheel of the new Nissan Rogue or Armada. Be sure to browse our current offers and incentives for savings on a new Nissan!
More from Dennis Dillon Nissan
Depending on the configuration, the 2019 Nissan Frontier towing capacity is 3,500 to 6,720 pounds. Which trim level offers the engine and towing power you need to get the job done in Nampa? Explore the new Nissan Frontier‘s specs below to learn more about this midsize truck’s capabilities! New Nissan FrontierContact Us Nissan Frontier Towing…
Holidays coming up, or do you have a loved one’s birthday on the horizon? Well, you’re probably considering a gift for the car lover in your life. Whether you’re looking to gift a new Nissan to your car enthusiast relative, or you’re looking for some fun automotive accessories, you’ll want to rely on Dennis Dillon Nissan to…
The reviews are in on the 2018 Nissan Rogue and the automotive critics are unanimous – there’s a lot to like in this versatile compact crossover SUV. Here at Dennis Dillon Nissan we’ve collected some recent reviews of the new Rogue for Nampa and Meridian drivers to read before visiting our Nissan showroom in Boise, ID. What…